The main objectives of the event are:
- To encourage participation in western art music.
- To build confidence and self-esteem.
- To have young people demonstrate initiative, commitment and dedication to perform classical chamber music.
Registration ends Friday, October 13, 2017.
- Nido Ensembles must audition live in front of a specialized audition panel. Audition dates are during the weeks of Monday, October 16 to Wednesday, October 18, 2017 and Monday, October 23 to Wednesday, October 25 after school from 3.30pm-5.00pm either in the Black Box or Music Room 204 of the Arts Building.
- A panel of Chamber Music specialists will be judging auditions.
- The instrumentation for Nido Chamber Music Fest will be as follows: String instruments, Woodwind, Brass instruments, Piano and Voice.
- Ensembles must have a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 8 students.
- The audition piece(s) must be no more than 5 minutes of music.
- Repertoire for the audition must be Western Art music from the Baroque, Classical or Romantic time period.
Nido Chamber Music Festival is a two day festival that runs from Tuesday, November 21 at 12.00-5.00pm and Wednesday, November 22 at 1.30-5.00pm with a concert performance at 6pm on Wednesday, November 22. It is open to EYS, Elementary, Middle and High School students from beginners to advanced players of ages 5 to 18. Students may participate in a maximum of 3 ensembles.
The Nido Chamber Music Festival will include masterclasses conducted by professional musicians and clinicians within the Santiago region. Dates and venues for masterclasses and time slots will be available at a later date.
|Registration||October 13, 2017|
|Auditions for Nido students||October 16, 2017||October 25, 2017|
|Selection Date||November 3, 2017|
|Chamber Festival||November 21, 2017||November 22, 2017|
We are very excited in organizing Nido's second Interscholastic Chamber Music Festival and look forward to making this festival a success for all teachers and students participating.
Sincerely,Nido de Aguilas Music Department