Nido de Aguilas is creating new spaces for students and the community to be able to make, design, and create through new technologies. The Maker movement is here to stay and is evolving every day! As a result, we need to innovate and keep learning! For this to happen we need your help.
We are currently in the process of creating the logo for Nido's MakerLabs. We want the Nido community and the global community to see and recognize our innovative work. We need your creativity and design talents.
Prize for the winner:
Fabrication of your Logo with the school machines: a) small size 3D Printed logo in plastic, b) medium size Laser engraved logo in acrylic, and c) large size CNC Router logo cut in wood.
Guidelines for the MakerLab Logo Challenge
- Design should be easy to replicate (fabricate, print, CNC, stencyl-like font/logo would help
- At least one Nido color has to be incorporated (Pantone 280 or Pantone 7621) into the design
- The design must align to both Nido's Mission and Vision and the mission and vision of the Nido MakerLabs
- Feel free to use any font, but you must specify which one/s did you use.
- Logos must be sent to email@example.com before the 25th of May 2018 with the title/subject: Nido MakerLab Logo Challenge
- You must attach a .jpg or .png image format and a .ai or .svg vector format
- You must include a brief description of your work, explaining what motivated or inspired you.
- A committee will select the 3 logos that best represent the challenge objectives. These 3 logos will be published on a website and will be open for popular vote on the 4 of June 2018.
- The Winner of the Challenge will be announced the 11 of June 2018
If you send your proposal you are agreeing to the following terms:
- The committee can declare the challenge as "deserted" (if there aren't many competitors and/or no logo represents the challenge objectives)
- For your logo to be published on a public website
- For your logo to be used and modified by Nido de Aguilas to best fit Nido branding and MakerLab challenge objectives.
Nido's MakerLab Vision
Nido's MakerLabs are spaces across campus of traditional and emerging technologies in the Nido de Aguilas School, designed to support students, faculty and staff to explore and develop flexibility and problem-solving skills in a collaborative, innovative, and engaging environment.
Nido's MakerLab Mission
Nido's MakerLabs cultivate innovation, ingenuity, and creativity through the exploration of traditional, new and emerging technologies. The Nido MakerLabs are places where formal and informal learning come together to provide users with hands-on experiences that help them refine their ideas and engage authentically with problem-solving through experimentation, collaboration, research, and play. The Nido MakerLabs are available to all of the Nido de Aguilas community, regardless of their department, age or level of knowledge.