Nido de Aguilas School invites you to participate in the third Interscholastic Nido Chamber Music Fest. Please note that this is not a competition, but a Festival. Student musicians will participate as an ensemble.
The main objectives of the event are:
- To encourage participation in western art music.
- To build confidence and self-esteem.
- To have young people demonstrate initiative, commitment and dedication to perform classical chamber music.
Nido Chamber Music Festival is a two day festival that runs from Wednesday 28 of November 12.00pm-5.00pm and Thursday 29 of November 3.30pm-7.00pm with a concert performance at 6pm on Wednesday 29 of November. It is open to EYS, Elementary, Middle and High School students from beginners to advanced players, this includes students from ages 5 to 18. If students want to participate in more than one piece in another ensemble, they can participate in a maximum of 3 ensembles.
The Nido Chamber Music Festival will include masterclasses conducted by professional musicians.
Auditions: Every ensemble must send a video to Anna Wiesner firstname.lastname@example.org before October 19th 2018.
- Prepare a well-polished performance
- No written or oral comments—performance only.
- Home filming is usually adequate.
- Use a tripod or set your camera on a stead surface.
- Camera must focus on players hand position and show entire body if possible.
- Each piece must be one continuous take—no video splicing.
- Please review your recording for good video and audio quality before submitting.
- Audition must be submitted online (any video format will work)
- The instrumentation for Nido Chamber Music Fest will be as follows: String instruments, Woodwind, Brass instruments, Piano and Voice.
- Ensembles must have a minimum of 3 students and a maximum of 9 students.
- The audition piece(s) must be no more than 5 minutes of music.
- Repertoire for the audition must be Western Art music from the Baroque, Classical or Romantic time period.
- A panel of Chamber Music specialists will be judging auditions and will decide about participation in Nido Chamber Music fest.
We are very excited in organizing Nido's third Interscholastic Chamber Music Festival and look forward to making this festival a success for all teachers and students participating.
Nido Chamber Music Fest Coordinator