I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to work with your students during this year, most recently as the Interim Principal of the High School. This year brought on many changes and challenges to the Nido community and our High School. Through it all, I have been impressed time and again with the strength of our community of students, staff and parents who have come together to support each other and move forward.
This semester has had many highlights for our students — the faculty and staff of the High School are extremely proud of them. They have done so much:
- Impressing us with Beauty & the Beast, on the stage with drama, dance, and music, and in the IB Art Exhibition
- Representing Nido with pride on the courts, fields, or in the pools throughout Chile and South America
- Hosting student-run events like Empredil, the Hackathon, and Nido TED Talks
- Volunteering with clubs and raising money through movie nights or the famous Nido Yard Sales
- Completed Extended Essays, CAS projects, IB Exams
- Been accepted to colleges of their choice all round the world
- Giving their best in class every day and learning more about themselves, their strengths and passions along the way.
As a community we have grown so much this year. Now more than ever, it is critical that we work together — students, parents, faculty, and school — to guide our young adults, take care of each other, and live the values that our School holds dear — generosity, happiness, ingenuity, engagement, and adaptability. Anthony Dent, High School English Teacher, shared with our students at graduation his discoveries about how to choose a life of happiness. As he closed his remarks at graduation, he emphasized: "Love your neighbor because it is both a guarantee of your own happiness and the path to a blessed life." Let us all take a moment to consider how we can best reflect this in all of our words and deeds.
We will miss those students, families, and staff that are leaving and wish them the best. Enjoy your winter break and time with your families. We are looking forward to another amazing school year together.