The International School Nido de Aguilas

Withdrawing from Nido

The nature of an international school is that families transfer in and out of Nido on a regular basis. Knowing of that transition in advance helps us with our admissions planning for our next semester and allows us to prepare your children and their friends for this transition.

If your family will definitely be relocating from Nido at the end of this semester, please do the following:

Step 1: Complete the Nido Withdrawal Form.

Step 2: Coordinate with the divisional administrative assistants to request transcripts and exit papers.





Step 3: Student records may be picked up in the Students Accounts Office in the Administration Building prior to the students' departure.

Please note that due to the Covid-19 worldwide pandemic, the Board has approved an exception to Nido's regular withdrawal policy. For withdrawals in the 2020-2021 school year, tuition will be charged for the amount accrued until the effective date of withdrawal plus three months of tuition. For more information, contact

Temporary Withdrawal

Temporary withdrawal is defined as an absence of more than one month and less than 12 months that is approved in advance by the Headmaster, upon the recommendation of the Principal.

It is important that families considering a temporary withdrawal familiarize themselves with the Board Policy, found here. There are two types of temporary withdrawal:

  1. Temporary withdrawal with space reserved — the family pays the registration and tuition fees while absent and upon return the student is guaranteed immediate placement in the appropriate grade.
  2. Temporary withdrawal without space reserved — the family pays only the annual registration fee while absent and upon return the student is guaranteed the next available placement in the appropriate grade (pending space availability).

Temporary withdrawal approval, if granted, is valid for the period requested and indicated on the approval letter. For High School students, it is important to note that a student must earn the necessary credits toward graduation while they are away, and must return at the beginning of a semester. High School students cannot return to Nido mid-semester due to the difficulty of attaining the necessary credits.