Why families choose the International School Nido de Aguilas
The International School Nido de Aguilas offers an English language-based, liberal arts education, influenced by U.S. and Chilean thought and tradition, that prepares students to be eloquent communicators and impactful stewards of a rapidly changing world. Nido students:
- Engage in authentic, consequential experiences, learn by doing, and are accustomed to taking risks.
- Master a rich curriculum while acquiring the skills to communicate across multiple fields, disciplines, and cultures.
- Build their own personalities fully, nurturing their strengths and passions.
At Nido, we aim to inspire each child to reach new heights. Our students receive a superb international education, and it is clear to all they meet that they have developed a contemporary worldview and are respectful, kind, and committed. Regardless of their home country, learning with us opens doors anywhere in the world. We are a school that values the importance of community in supporting learning and bringing out the best academic success in every student.
Come visit us and experience firsthand the great Nido spirit!
Listen to our community!
Below are a few Nido characteristics in which we take pride as a school:
- Challenging academic college/university preparatory curriculum
- A blend of the best in U.S. and Chilean teaching and learning philosophies, methodologies, and materials
- Instruction based on children’s natural inclination for inquiry and discovery
- Emphasis on each student’s personal responsibility for learning and success
- Focus on creativity, problem solving, and application of knowledge to real world situations
- Continuous engagement in community service and environmental responsibility
- Allowing children to build their personalities fully
- Multicultural learning environment (students represent more than 50 nationalities)
- A lifelong global community of shared values
- Serving both host country Chilean community and the international business and diplomatic community of Santiago
- All classes are taught in English, with Spanish language classes required for both first language and additional language learners.
- Offering three diplomas: U.S./Nido, Chilean National Program, and International Baccalaureate (some students earn all three)
- Accreditation from the largest U.S. accrediting agency and the Chilean Ministry of Education
- Northern Hemisphere school calendar
The International School Nido de Aguilas is proud to offer a supportive and child-friendly environment where we help students identify and use their unique talents and interests to become independent thinkers and creative problem solvers.