Why families choose the International School Nido de Aguilas
The International School Nido de Aguilas is a supportive and child-friendly environment where we help students identify and use their unique talents and interests to become independent thinkers and creative problem solvers.
Listen to our community!
Below are a few Nido characteristics in which we take pride as a school:
- Challenging academic college/university preparatory curriculum
- A blend of the best in U.S. and Chilean teaching and learning philosophies, methodologies, and materials
- Instruction based on children’s natural inclination for inquiry and discovery
- Emphasis on each student’s personal responsibility for learning and success
- Focus on creativity, problem solving, and application of knowledge to real world situations
- Continuous engagement in community service and environmental responsibility
- Allowing children to build their personalities fully
- Multicultural learning environment (students represent more than 50 nationalities)
- A lifelong global community of shared values
- Serving both host country Chilean community and the international business and diplomatic community of Santiago
- All classes are taught in English, with Spanish language classes required for both first language and additional language learners.
- Offering three diplomas: U.S./Nido, Chilean National Program, and International Baccalaureate (some students earn all three)
- Accreditation from the largest U.S. accrediting agency and the Chilean Ministry of Education
- Northern Hemisphere school calendar