Tuition at Nido is cost based. That is, tuition covers the operating costs associated with educating each child from teacher salaries to building maintenance. Tuition assistance is available for families that share Nido's values and appreciate its pedagogical approach but are unable to afford the entire cost of tuition.
The tuition assistance program is need-based, and, if awarded, can apply towards tuition and/or the incorporation fee. Assistance accounts for no more than 50% of the full tuition cost. The amount of tuition assistance available each year is limited. Nido works hard to support as many families that qualify with the funding that is available.
All families must complete an application in order to be considered for tuition assistance. The process starts in November of the prior school year and decisions are informed in April during re-enrollment. Assistance is offered on an annual basis for the Nido school year (July to June). Families are asked to resubmit their application each year in order to determine if their situation has changed.
Assistance is awarded based on the following criteria:
Academic achievement and potential of the applicant
Availability of funding
Preference is given to students in an admissions priority category, students entering grades 6-12, and according to grade capacity.
The application process for the 2021-2022 school year began in November 2020 and closed in April 2021. The process for the 2022-2021 school year will begin in November 2021. All current Nido families will receive information over email when applications open.
Applications for Current Nido Families are due no later than January 15 and applications for families applying to Nido for the first time are due no later than March 15. New families go through the process simultaneously to the admissions application process.
Nido has an emergency tuition assistance program, available year-round, and applicable in the case of employment loss and/or illness. Emergency assistance accounts for no more than 30% of the full tuition cost.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- When is the application deadline?
- How much financial aid will I be granted?
- How is it decided who to grant aid to and how much?
- How many students are currently on financial aid?
- Where do the funds for the financial aid program come from?
- How much does Nido spend on financial aid and how many students are supported each year?
- When will I find out if my child has been awarded aid?
- Will other families know that my family is on financial aid?
- What happens if I miss the deadline? Can I apply for financial aid during the school year?
- What happens if my family has a sudden drastic change in our financial situation (such as job loss or illness) during the school year?
- I already submitted an application form and documents last year, do I need to send them in again?
- Does the financial aid application process include a home visit?
- I prefer not to share my financial and employment information with the School, can I apply without them?
- What is the Nido Scholars program?
- Is there a discount for having more than one child at Nido? Am I more likely to get aid if I have more than one child at Nido?
- I am a Nido alumnus/alumna and would like to send my children to Nido. Is the fact I am an alumnus/alumna taken into account and am I given any preference?