The International School Nido de Aguilas invites all interested students to apply for admission to our school, regardless of gender, race, religion, creed, or national origin. Nido considers all applications for enrollment carefully to ensure a good fit for our program and the student. Admission is granted based on the student’s demonstrated readiness for our academic program and space availability. In order to create an optimal educational experience for all of our students, Nido’s admissions policies strive to achieve a balance in the gender, native language composition, and cultural diversity of our student population.
Admissions decisions are based on students’ admissions evaluation performance, previous school records, standardized test results, letters of recommendation, and other previous educational information. Specific admissions criteria by division is detailed below. In addition, priority is given to applicants who meet the admissions criteria and are children of Nido faculty and staff, children of U.S. citizens or children who are U.S. citizens, siblings of currently enrolled Nido students, or children of Nido alumni. In each category, preference is given also to students who are proficient in English. Decisions are made by our Admissions Committee.
- Pre-Kinder: three years of age by August 31st
- Kinder 1: four years of age by August 31st
- Kinder 2: five years of age by August 31st
- Grade 1: six years of age by August 31st
- Grades 2-12: Students are evaluated according to their age and academic level to determine placement. Applying students cannot be more than two years older than the average age of students in the applying grade.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING START DATES:
- Nido has a rolling admissions process; it is the School's discretion for EYS-MS students to start classes in the 4th quarter of the school year.
- Students applying to High School must have finished the previous semester in their previous school and start at Nido at the beginning of the semester. If your student will not have completed the previous semester, or if your family will be arriving after the first day of classes in the semester, please contact the admissions office to discuss this further.