High School students are expected to adopt and maintain their personal appearance in accordance with the expectations of the society in which we live and learn. They are asked to comply with what Nido considers to be appropriate dress and personal appearance for a school setting. Our Dress/Appearance Code is based on such considerations as cleanliness, modesty, concern for different cultural expectations and norms, and generally accepted standards of appropriateness for students of high school age.
The following are some guidelines as to what is considered appropriate. The school reserves the right to specify what is appropriate in individual cases.
- Clothing must be neat, clean, mended, not provocative or obscene in any way; no undergarments shall be displayed, no pants or skirts may be worn below the hip, and all shorts and skirts shall be at least mid-thigh. In particular, bare midriffs, torn jeans or clothes, bathing suits, and T-shirts or clothes with inappropriate logos or messages are not allowed.
- Footwear should be clean, in good repair, and safe for walking around campus.
- Hair should be appropriately cut and well groomed.
- No rings that require piercing are permitted unless they fall under the category of earrings or are not visible. Earrings for boys are not allowed. No offensive ornaments are to be worn by any student.
- Hats and sunglasses may be worn only outside the classroom.