Nido de Aguilas’ Elementary School Support Services strives to meet students’ individual learning needs in an inclusive, responsive, and collaborative environment. We believe that all learners can succeed academically when provided with support targeting their specific needs, and we are committed to giving each child the tools he or she needs in order to reach his or her full potential. As an international school, Nido recognizes that students bring valuable learning experiences to the classroom through their home languages and cultures, and we take those into account in assessing all learning needs and differences.
Nido’s ES Support Services Team possesses a variety of resources to help assess and meet students' differing needs, including:
- Evaluation of present levels of performance
- Individual goal-setting and instructional planning
- Reading intervention
- Language acquisition support
- Gifted and Talented enrichment
- Math performance analysis
- Coordination with a Student Support Team for integrated support across multiple dimensions, including socio-emotional and with external providers
Reading intervention teachers support students with literacy challenges in small-group settings using the Leveled Literacy Intervention program as their primary resource. The Learning Resource teachers utilize both individual and small-group strategy-focused instruction. In all cases, care is taken that those prerequisite skills and concepts necessary for a solid educational foundation are acquired and that progress is monitored and intervention is adjusted accordingly.