Work at Nido
Nido de Aguilas welcomes applications from qualified teachers for posted teaching opportunities at our School. Nido offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and we invest in our teachers through our Professional Development Academy and support of other professional development opportunities.
Santiago de Chile is a modern and safe city of six million people, and Chile offers residents a wealth of cultural engagement, outdoor recreation, and travel opportunities. Chile itself offers residents a wealth of travel opportunities. The School is located in Lo Barnechea, a suburb of Santiago in the foothills of the Andes, on a spacious campus near beautiful residential neighborhoods, excellent health care facilities, and great shopping. Faculty and staff are able to live in neighborhoods throughout the Santiago metro area.
Profile of a Nido Teacher
A Nido teacher enjoys...
- learning with and from colleagues
- growing in both expertise in subject matter and in mastery of teaching craft
- designing experiential learning opportunities
- engaging students in meaningful conversation
- inspiring students to embrace empathy in their thoughts, words, and actions
- modeling responsible stewardship of our environmental, material, and cultural resources
We also look for the following minimum qualifications and characteristics:
- Full proficiency in the English language
- A bachelors degree from a recognized college or university; over 50% of our faculty members hold advanced degrees
- At least three years' experience in a comparable educational setting
- Willingness and ability to coach and advise after-school sports and activities
- Commitment to participation in Nido's Professional Development Academy
Before beginning work at Nido, all degree certificates must be approved by the Chilean Ministry of Education, and all employees will have to obtain a valid Chilean work permit, for which a contract with the School will make overseas hires eligible.
To apply, please send a letter explaining your interest in the position, your resume, university transcripts, and the names of three references with contact numbers or e-mail addresses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School always accepts applications for substitute and short-term replacement teachers.